Sunday, April 3, 2011

lamp evolution

I have had this lamp for a few years and it has been in many different spots around my house. I picked it up from a lady who was done having a garage sale and she was just going to toss it. So, I did what any thrifty chicka would do and snatched it up. The shade was worn and the base was a pretty shade of gold and white crackle. 


I painted her black a few months ago and recovered the shade in the black and white damask fabric.
It was off white for a while, But, as soon as I found out I was prego with baby #3, a girl! I knew I wanted her room black, white and "Tiffany" blue. 
I had visions of this lamp gracing the dresser in all her frilly, girly, glory!
 She needed one last finishing touch....
 I used my trusty hot glue gun and a black feather boa (I picked up at the Grand Opening of JoAnn
s in Idaho Falls using a 50% coupon. for $4 buckaroos! SCORE!) to go around the top and the bottom. 
 Bottom layer...done!
Top and Bottom done! I can't wait to get her dresser all set up. Just the right amount of girly I was looking for!

No comments: