Friday, November 6, 2009

casserol and cookies

I got the recipe for these divine pumpkin cookies at Our Creative Life. Porter and I were a little bored this afternoon so I decided to have some bonding time with my soon to be 3 year old. Brynlee sat in her bumbo on the counter and Porter and I went to work. He is such a good little helper!
I must admit, this is the first time I have gotten cookies to turn out! I even botch the bagged and pre made doe ones. But, not these babies! They are amazing! I'm eating one as I type.
My house is now officially fall-ized, it smells so yummy!


I was in the mood for something hardy last night but really need to go grocery shopping. I started digging around in our food storage room to see what I could come up with. I hit the jackpot...bag of scalloped potatoes, can of green beans (which I canned myself :) ) and some mozzarella cheese, and some hamburger.
I went to work, browned off the hamburger and rinsed off excess grease. Mixed up the scalloped potatoes and green beans. Mixed in the hamburger and put into the casserole dish and covered with cheese. Put into the oven at 450 for 20 minute! and Voila!!!
Yummy, yummy, yummy!

1 comment:

Mai-Brit @ thisfulllife said...

That casserole looks amazing - the epitome of comfort food. I'm going to have to try that out for dinner this week.

Kuddos on canning your own beans. I had my first adventure with canning this summer and have a whole new respect for people who do it on a regular basis...it's a lot of work!