Wednesday, November 2, 2011

operation organization...step 1

I am at a point where I am feeling a bit unorganized. I have a 2400 square foot house but everything seems to be out of place. 
Well, not anymore!! 
This afternoon while the kids were taking naps and I was doing some house cleaning I started feeling a bit overwhelmed at how un-organized my entire house is! 
Yikes! 
So, instead of getting myself in a tissy or going through every room and emptying all the closets, drawers, bookshelves...you get the idea. I headed to the computer and started some research. 
I found this great article with questions to ask yourself before you start organizing

10 Questions To Create Your Organizational Plan

(click on the link above to read article)

I love it! an organizational per-curser to getting your house organized! Genius! 

I am not going to give you a step by step of how I will organize my house in this post...

but I will give you two things...

1. the 10 questions 

and 

2. the commitment that I will document this process as I go. 

(Idaho winters leave me spending a TON of time indoors to accomplish this)

So down to business! 

the 10 questions to ask when creating YOUR organization plan... 

 1. What do I want the purpose of this room/area to be? 

 2. What do I need in or near the room to serve that purpose? 

 3. What can I remove from this room? 

 4. What problem do I see in this room? 

 5. What organizational tools will help solve those problem? 

 6. What habits need to change to solve the organizational problem? 

 7. What kind of budget do I have to create the organized room/area of my dreams? 

 8. What kind of a timeline is necessary to organize the room/area?

 9. What is my plan of action? 

10. Which room would I like to focus on next? 

(only decide, don't brainstorm, nothing further)


As I was previewing this post I remembered something I found on Pinterest on October 1st...

The Complete Guide to Imperfect Homemaking did a 31 day post series on how to organize your home.

Genius!!! 

I will definitely be incorporating her ideas as well!

You should go check her site out. Some of the ideas she shares are FABULOUS!!

Every post needs a few pictures. I will leave you with a few of my favorite's I found floating around Pinterest.

via jazzie and tahlia









 

No comments: