Monday, March 15, 2010

$5 Dollar store challenge

I was excited to read about this decorating challenge in blogland a few days ago. With my brain working in over drive I went to the dollar store a few times and couldn't come up with anything containing WOW reactions.
One night I was blog stalking from some link parties and ran across this project Nicole at It's a Sweet Life did last week.
I had just the right piece of wood sitting in my basement that would work perfectly. A few weeks ago I picked up some moss and pink ribbon at the Dollar Tree. I just needed to venture back to the Dollar Tree to pick up a green wreath! Woot woot!
Nicole used her hot glue gun, but for me it wasn't working very effectively so I switched to the 3M spray adhesive and it worked like a charm.
Here is the wreath completely covered waiting to dry.
Silly me didn't take pictures of the wood process. I painted it a light yellow, lightly sanded it and finished it off with MinWax Dark Walnut stain. Hot glued the ribbon to the back after wrapping it around the wreath. Tied a separate bow and got glued it on.
Voila!
I will be linking it to the 5 dollar store challenge next week. So excited to see all the fun things everyone linked up creates.
Here is the link to Lindsay's blog to go look around:

2 comments:

All Thingz Related said...

NICE! Clean and simple!
~Bridgette {allthingzrelated}

Naturally Me Creations said...

That looks so cute! :D I love the natural element that the moss has added to the wreath! :)